Birchbox is a monthly subscription plan of $10/month, where you receive a box via UPS filled with 4-5 samples of beauty like products. My sister is a subscriber and we talked about it over vacation. I did notice that she always had the cutest little sample like lotions and such and decided I wanted to get them as well. So I went to www.birchbox.com and signed up! My first box arrived last week. I will walk you through the process of receiving the products and my personal reviews of the products received!
- Harvey Prince Ageless perfume sample ( it is actually in the folded card with said name - a little spritz vial with enough spritz's that I am still using it!) It is a grapefruit-sandalwood blend. I must say, I really do love it. Will I but a full sized bottle? Probably not. Reason? For the price, I just don't love it that much, as it did not last on my personal body as long as I wanted. I needed to reapply at my noon lunch. Although, it really does smell good.
- LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - Menatour ( purple ) color. A high gloss, semi sheer lip color. At first I was like - PURPLE?, but I applied it under my regular pink lipstick and I must say I like the combo. It does last most of the day and YES! I will purchase full sized of these. I may choose another color just for fun.
- Noir Long-Wear Eyeliner - black. It says it is enriched with vitamin E and is waterproof. This is a HUGE YES! I have difficulty with eyeliner smudging as I have hooded eyelids. This worked so well that I have found my eye liner of choice now. So, YES, I will purchase more of these in full size, although this sample size will last me quite awhile.
- Vasanti Cosmetics - Detox Nutrient Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser. Sulfate free and is supposed to remove pore-clogging impurities. For all skin types. I am still using this sample and I will honestly say it does and feels no better on my skin than my old stand by of Oil Of Olay facial wash. It does work well though as when I apply my toner afterwards, there is no trace of makeup or "dirt" on my cottonball, which tells me it does cleanse well. Although so does my Oil of Olay. I will not purchase a full size just because my current one does the job I want it to and is a bit on the cheaper side for my taste.
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream. The scent is Acai-grapefruit. Okay, this one I did not like at all. I even read reviews of it and there were those that loved the scent. When I put it on, the smell assaulted my nose - we all have different scents that bother us, so you may love it - but first thing in the morning, under my arms, so close to my nose, I was like.... no way. Although I did try shaving my legs with it and within one minute, I was rinsing it off and using my own shave cream. ( Which is my body wash that works perfectly well thank you very much ) So this one was a big NO THANK YOU. I will say, the packaging is adorable, but the product is not for me. If you use this or have ever tried it, I would love your opinion. Keep in mind, like I stated previously, we all have our own scents we either love or dislike.